About Me
- Cynthia
- I'm a happy wife/homemaker, married 15 years to my Handsome Honey, J. I'm homeschool mom to 2 fabulous boys, IJ and JJ. Lover of good books and great food. Most of all I'm a child of The King. This blog is about whatever is on my mind. Most often that includes my family, food and homeschooling.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Canning Pears
While yesterday was spent on the farm, today was spent in the kitchen canning. I picked a lot of pears. The funny thing is that I don't really care for pears. IJ reminded me of this as I was peeling, cutting and coring the basketful that I had brought home. Know what I told him? "I think I'll like these better because I picked them." I don't know if either one of us believed that, but it sounded good. It took quite awhile, but when I was done I was rewarded with 12 quarts of canned pears. These were canned with no added sugar, just 100% white grape juice. I'll let you know how they turned out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Mmmm. . . I love pears. I would help you eat them if I were there.
ReplyDeleteYou know, if it turns out that no one in your family likes them, you will be one step ahead on Christmas/birthday/hostess gifts.
Have you made/canned no sugar added jam?