Yes, the veggies in the spring rolls are all raw. I began making these when J was eating a nearly all raw diet. He currently eats about 80% raw foods and so I incorporate raw meals into dinner as well. There is a cooked version of spring rolls that I also prepare. The veggies are slightly different, but can vary based on what you have. Here's what I usually include:
shallots, fresh ginger, mushrooms, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, snow peas, soy sauce and sesame oil. Basically I just chop all of the veggies and saute in 2-3 tablespoons of canola oil until tender-crisp. Add 2-3 drops of sesame oil , 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Season with pepper to taste and cook for another minute. Let cool slightly and fill wrappers as in previous recipe. These are great with fried rice.
About Me
- Cynthia
- I'm a happy wife/homemaker, married 15 years to my Handsome Honey, J. I'm homeschool mom to 2 fabulous boys, IJ and JJ. Lover of good books and great food. Most of all I'm a child of The King. This blog is about whatever is on my mind. Most often that includes my family, food and homeschooling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Mmmmm. . . .thanks. I'll let you know if I try these.
ReplyDeleteMmmm...I MUST try these!
ReplyDelete