There was an evolution exhibit which I opted to skip. Well, wouldn't you know that we ended up having to deal with this warped idea anyway. One of the main reasons for our trip was to visit the planetarium. I had not been to one in years and I remember it being really cool. Unfortunately, I did not thoroughly check out the particular movie they would be showing. It included the idea the the first men were unintelligent beings and also the "big bang" theory. I was very uncomfortable to say the least. A couple of other families left. We sat for a bit longer, but once the "big bang" lie was presented I couldn't sit any longer. My boys and I left to explore the gift shop and began talking about what we had seen. I must say, I was very pleased with their take on the whole thing. My children knew that this was nowhere near the truth. "IJ" just kept asking, "how could anyone believe that the earth was made by a big bang?" Well, they couldn't wait to tell Daddy about it and Granny and anyone else who would listen. In fact, this morning "IJ" was drawing on our white board and this is what he did.
I'm kind of patting myself on the back. It feels good to see the fruits of my labor and to see the beginnings of the glory my young men will bring to God throughout their lives.







Praise God! What wisdom fills the hearts of our children when they live in Christ's light and love... Blessings to you and your family, Kim
ReplyDelete