About Me

My photo
I'm a happy wife/homemaker, married 15 years to my Handsome Honey, J. I'm homeschool mom to 2 fabulous boys, IJ and JJ. Lover of good books and great food. Most of all I'm a child of The King. This blog is about whatever is on my mind. Most often that includes my family, food and homeschooling.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I've Got A Taste For...

food! Ok, I've already said how important food is to me. I think I've also mentioned that J is vegan. For many households this might be a problem, but we've worked it out quite nicely. For those who don't know, eating a vegan diet means no animal products or bi-products are included. I won't get into all the versions of vegetarianism. For J this means just what I've described. So, what you will find is when I talk about food it is usually vegetarian. Often I begin with a non-vegetarian recipe and change it to suit us. The boys and I are not vegetarian, but the majority of our food intake would fall under the heading.

The point of this post is to tell you that I'm adding a new item to my sidebar. My weekly menu will appear under the heading "I've Got A Taste For..." The list may appear to be short, but this is because we love leftovers. The only way we don't eat a meal twice is if we eat all of it the first day. Usually on Saturday I fix something extra special that J has requested. Not sure what it will be this week since he hasn't mentioned anything.

You will notice that we eat alot of beans. There are 3 basic reasons for this. First we really like them, all kinds from black beans to pinto, black eyed peas, garbanzo, pigeon peas, great northerns, lentils...and the list goes on. Second, they are really good for you. Third, they are inexpensive. Our bean meals are almost always paired with rice. Our preferred rice is organic brown basmati. I keep large pails of beans and rice so that we never run out.

I will also try to post recipes from time to time. If you see something that sounds interesting and you really want the recipe, let me know. I will even post pictures of the food. I like taking pictures of my food because I believe it is supposed to look good. In fact, if it doesn't look good then I won't know how it tastes because it will never make it to my mouth. Does that make me a food snob? Probably, but I got that particular trait from my mom. I'm looking forward to this and I hope you enjoy it too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to some good bean recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I'll definitely be back to check out your food--I'm pretty fond of food, too!

    ReplyDelete