About Me

My photo
I'm a happy wife/homemaker, married 15 years to my Handsome Honey, J. I'm homeschool mom to 2 fabulous boys, IJ and JJ. Lover of good books and great food. Most of all I'm a child of The King. This blog is about whatever is on my mind. Most often that includes my family, food and homeschooling.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Boys Being Boys

"Mom, hurry, it's an emergency. "JJ" is in a really high tree, you have to see". Ok, so there are two ways to respond to this: panic or calmly put on my shoes and grab the camera. I went for option 2. I followed my 9 year old outside to find my barely visible 6 year old waaaay up in a tree trying to reach his friends ball.









My husband has taught me well. If I want wimpy boys, then don't let them get dirty and don't let them be daring. I do not want wimps for sons, so I have to fight the natural instinct to go running everytime they do something that my girly nature tells me is too dangerous. I'm not raising any wimps! These will be strong men who are able to help a lady when she calls. They won't mind having dirt under their fingernails and they will know how to do something. I know I appreciate having one of those guys. Letting them explore like this is just the beginning. So moms, don't let you babies grow up to be wimps. Your future daughter-in-law will love you for it.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Cynthia - I have a blessing for you over at my blog, be sure to check it out.
    Blessings,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I have caught myself wanting to stop my son from doing things too. It makes you cringe doesn't it? I'm glad you took option 2. This post reminds me of my son a week ago. He was climbing around and I was constantly telling my son to be careful! I was worried he was going to fall or something. My husband told me... let him climb he'll be alright. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an 11 yo son and an 11 yo nephew who live in my home and I will be the first to admit that I am clueless about boys! I despise weak men, but I also have to catch myself that I don't overprotect them as well. Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete