And of course if you have a shield, you must have a sword. Here they are in battle.
About Me
- Cynthia
- I'm a happy wife/homemaker, married 15 years to my Handsome Honey, J. I'm homeschool mom to 2 fabulous boys, IJ and JJ. Lover of good books and great food. Most of all I'm a child of The King. This blog is about whatever is on my mind. Most often that includes my family, food and homeschooling.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
The Vikings Have Landed!
While school officially began 2 weeks ago, today we began inquiring about the first European explorers to see North America. Yes, the vikings. From Norway to Iceland to Greenland and eventually to Vinland (Newfoundland) we mapped the voyages of Erik the Red and his son Leif Erikkson. While Leif seems to have been a good guy, his father and grandfather were quite the hotheads both having been exiled from their homelands for murder. Leif followed in their footsteps, not as a murderer but as one who sought new land to explore and settle. The boys were thrilled with the study of vikings since it led to the construction of weapons. Here you can see them making their very own viking shields.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







That's awesome!!
ReplyDeleteKnock, knock...just dropping by to visit your bloghome and I enjoyed my visit.
ReplyDeleteI homeschool my eleven year old and homeschooled my 13 year old for eight years. He's in public high school now (sniff, sniff).
Love the shields and swords!!!
ReplyDeleteHi, Cynthia! I am doing Konos Volume 2 this year as well (Santa Maria pictures). Just wanted to say I think your boys did an amazing job on their shields. I also love your idea of a scavenger hunt on the first day! I need to do that! I really enjoy your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteJulie