About Me

My photo
I'm a happy wife/homemaker, married 15 years to my Handsome Honey, J. I'm homeschool mom to 2 fabulous boys, IJ and JJ. Lover of good books and great food. Most of all I'm a child of The King. This blog is about whatever is on my mind. Most often that includes my family, food and homeschooling.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Morning at the Farmer's Market

I didn't think to take the camera with us this morning to capture it, but Saturday morning at the Farmer's Market is one of my favorite family outings. I get inspiration from the variety of colors, the diversity of people and the freshness of the food.



Our mission this morning was to find fruit. Currently there are lots of peaches and blackberries, two of our favorites as well as humungous watermelons. While we passed on the blackberries this week, the peaches and melons were a must have.




Inspiration hit me somewhere between the baby bokchoy ($1 for 5) and the chinese eggplant. A few minutes later I had ginger root, bean sprouts and mushrooms. Sunday will be a nice day for stir fried vegetables.

Further inspiration came in a 4oz container of fresh goat cheese with garlic and chives. The mounds of tomatoes had been calling me from the time I stepped from the van and now they had a purpose. Can you see it? Farm fresh tomatoes, goat cheese and basil (straight from my patio garden) all atop a lightly toasted foccacia roll. Lunch was served.



Does summer get any better than this?

1 comment:

  1. oh how I wished I lived just a little bit closer to you! I would love to have that kind of farmers market near me.

    ReplyDelete