
We started a new family Christmas tradition last year. I have no idea where I found it or who wrote this poem, but I really like it. The boys and I printed about 50 copies and put them on the doors of our neighbors along with a candy cane. This year we did it again, but we did about 70 or 80. We also prayed that those who received it would want to know more about or Savior. Perhaps you might think of doing the same. I hope you enjoy it!
The True Meaning of the Candy Cane
Look at the candy cane
What do you see?
Stripes that are red
Like the blood shed for me
White is for my Savior
Who's sinless and pure!
"J" is for Jesus My Lord, that's for sure!
Turn it around
And a staff you will see
Jesus my shepherd
Was born for Me!
--Unknown
Stripes that are red
Like the blood shed for me
White is for my Savior
Who's sinless and pure!
"J" is for Jesus My Lord, that's for sure!
Turn it around
And a staff you will see
Jesus my shepherd
Was born for Me!
--Unknown







I've thought about doing something like this before because someone in my neighborhood does it at Halloween time. What better idea than to do it to spread God's Love. Thanks for the poem.
ReplyDelete