About Me

My photo
I'm a happy wife/homemaker, married 15 years to my Handsome Honey, J. I'm homeschool mom to 2 fabulous boys, IJ and JJ. Lover of good books and great food. Most of all I'm a child of The King. This blog is about whatever is on my mind. Most often that includes my family, food and homeschooling.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mothers birthday. Age has never been a big deal in our family. Getting older means you're still alive and that there is still work to be done. God has blessed my mom to reach 67 years of age and to be in good health. I'm happy she's here with us to celebrate.

Mom enjoys spending time with my friend Jane, so we went to her house for lunch today. I love eating at Jane's house. We were treated to a tasty traditional Korean soup whose name I cannot spell, but it was wonderful. Of course there was gim bop, which is rice and seaweed, vegetable pancakes and the most wonderful red pepper sauce that we ate with leaves of nappa cabbage. We were very happy indeed at the end of this meal. Jane is a wonderful friend and homeschooling mama whom I love dearly. Thanks for lunch Jane!

We had a family celebration this evening, going out to dinner and returning home to sing happy birthday and enjoy dessert. Ok, I know this post is not supposed to be about my food, but these cupcakes turned out really well. I gave mom my cupcake book and told her to pick what she wanted. She chose Banana Split cupcakes. These are very moist and flavorful, packed with lots of fruit flavor. There's banana, pineapple, strawberry and chocolate. How could you possible go wrong? And did I mention that they are also vegan? Just be sure not to salivate all over your computer.

Currently the birthday girl is having an Uno tournament with her grandsons and looking forward to another week in the sunny south-east.

1 comment:

  1. Cynthia - Happy Birthday to your mom.
    She is so beautiful and you look so much like her.
    I'm glad she had a blessed day and those cupcakes look good!

    ReplyDelete