Here's the story. A wonderful homeschooling friend set up a fun filled day of activities at a local camp. The staff was great! The grounds were amazing, and the trees were really high! These kids you see had to climb a 40 foot tree, maneuver onto a platform and glide down a zip line. They were fearless! They trusted that their parents wouldn't let them do anything that would hurt them. You can watch IJ and JJ enjoying their ride.
So how did I end up 35 feet in the air? Peer pressure and the desire for a little fun. I stepped outside my box when I let them put that harness on and pull me waaaay up in the air. This was not for the zip line, but for a contraption they call a swing. I swung alright, back and forth over and over again. Can you see it? I know you don't believe me, so I made sure there was video.
This experience really got me thinking about trust, who do I trust and why. I trust my husband, my mom, and some close friends. This trust has been built over time because they have shown themselves trustworthy. However, there is no one as trustworthy as my Heavenly Father. The writer tells us in Proverbs 3: 5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
I trusted Clay and Kim, the couple who run the high ropes course, whom I met just hours before they strapped me into that contraption. I even trusted the kids to stop pulling me higher when I said so. We all go through life trusting faceless people and casual acquantances on a regular basis yet hesitate when it's time to trust the one who has proven himself over and over again. So as you go through your day, take a look at who you trust and how that compares to the way you trust the one who should have all your heart.







You're brave! Looks like fun though :)
ReplyDeleteGreat reminder!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! That looked really exhilarating.I really want to go zip lining! There are some places in LA where you can go zip lining down a mountain side. Maybe I will check those out this summer. Hmmm...
ReplyDelete